No, not as in the movie starring that kid Osment kid (not be confused with Osmond kids either by the way…are there any Osmond “kids” left?!?!?). This type of paying it forward relates to my earlier post about my blog award. Though I’m usually up and functioning till wee hours of the morning and back up just a few hours later, my body decided it was just feeling too yucky and it took me out of commission for almost 10 hours. WOW Queen of Enabling…can you BELIEVE I slept more than YOU???!!!!
Anyway…so yesterday or SUPER early this morning or whatever I told you I needed to tell you 8 random facts about me that you didn’t know (even though there are more than 8 on the About Me link) and choose 8 people/blogs to pass the award on to. Let’s start with who I’m passing the award onto:
First on the list is someone I only know as Greenbean. I found her through a blog hop I attended back before Christmas. I love everything about her blog from the way it’s written to the projects and things she features. Greenbean, please accept the stylish blogger award shown in the post below.
The blogs below that I’ve chosen are all ones I’ve found through my crafty peeps on Facebook. Thanks ladies…you all are THE best. I have chosen these blogs because I admire the talent displayed. In the case of Victoria, I chose her because she was kind enough to make a video JUST FOR ME on her wobblers that she makes. Thanks girl I appreciate it.Victoria’s Junk Love Scrap Reflect Makin’ Pretty Things Scrapbooking Techniques Leah’s Card Creations (thank you once again Leah for awarding me this same award) More Than Favors (I ♥ Paula) My Creative Time (Emma Rocks)
And now…8 more random facts about me. Just for all of you I’m even going to try and share 8 things I’ve never shared in a blog before. Maybe even a few things I’ve not shared with too many people period actually. Thinking…thinking….thinking. Got it!
1. I love random road trips. I love to just say hey kids let’s go somewhere and pile them in the car and just drive. We’ve done this so many times and made so many great memories. I can’t wait to see where our next RRT takes us!
2. I can sing, but I can’t read music. I recently faced my fear of singing in public and after being in my ward choir I was invited to sing in a Stake Choir for an event coming up! WOW! My tummy still hurts a little just thinking about singing in front of people but talents are meant to be shared right?
3. I have always wanted to learn to play piano. And, despite having many people around me I know who do (I’m LDS remember…it’s almost an obligation to play both the piano AND organ), I’m afraid to take lessons because I don’t read music.
4. I kind of have a thing for speed. Each time I’ve been pulled over, it’s always been speed related. On my bucket list of things to do before I die is drive the fastest car in existence down the Autobahn…at top speed!
5. My dream job is to be a motion editor or visual artist at Weta Digital in New Zealand. They’ve done the effects in some of my favorite movies…Lord of the Rings (yay Gollum), Enchanted, Bridge to Terrabithia, Avatar, Eragon, Waterhorse and others.
6. Though I’m pretty good with graphic design, I secretly want to be an accomplished artist. I’d love to be able to draw and paint and maybe even one day see my work in a gallery.
7. I recently started listening to pretty much only Christian music. It has helped me keep my eyes focused on what really matters most and to always remember that He is here. Don’t get me wrong…I’m musically inclined and a good jam is a good jam, and in listening to mostly Christian music I have been exposed some great new artists (new to me anyways) like Brandon Heath and Chris Tomlin. There are others, but these are my two new faves. I am often signing “all those people going somewhere why have I never cared. Gimme your eyes for just one second gimme your eyes so I can see everything that I keep missing gimme your love for humanity…” or “where you go I’ll go, where you stay I’ll stay, when you move I’ll move I will follow…” My all time favorite song right now though is East to West by Casting Crowns (no, this group isn’t new to me), especially where it goes “I know you’ve cast my sin as far as the east is from the west and I stand before you now as though I’ve never sinned but today I feel like I’m just one mistake away from you leaving me this way. Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west cuz I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been come rising up in me again. In the arms of your mercy I find rest cuz you know just how far the east is from the west from one scarred hand to the other….I know you’ve washed me white, turned my darkness into light and I need your peace to get me through to get me through this night. I can’t live by what I feel but by the truth your word reveals. That I’m not holding on to you, but you’re holding onto me. You’re holding on to me. Jesus you know how just how far the east is from the west and I don’t have to see the man I’ve been come rising up in me again. In the arms of your mercy I find rest…” Yeah buddy, I ♥ this for real.
8. Last but not least…don’t laugh ok. I really don’t think I’m that talented of a crafter. I look at what other people create and just think “WOW I am so not worthy”. Recently my sister was reading my blog (I didn’t know she actually reads it LOL) and she said “Sister, I wish I was as creative as you” or something to that effect. I’m not sure if she knows this or not but I admire my little sister. I see so much in her that I envy…hearing her say I had something she envied felt good. I’m trying to change how I think about what I can do now. Lil Sis…I love you and am grateful for all the talents you DO have and fortunate that you are so willing to share them. I’d list them but this post is all about me LOL! Luv ya!