This week our Getting Cricky Design team is featuring Halloween projects. Be sure to check out which stamp sets are used because not everyone chose the Fall-O-Ween stamp set. It’s great to be able to take something like Splashtastic Summer and make it work for a Halloween project. That’s the beauty of stamps by K Andrew Designs, they are designed to mix and match, not just among sets, but between them too. Now onto my project:
This was a bit of a challenge for me because I not only don’t enjoy Halloween, I don’t even have so much as a Halloween sheet of paper in my collection. None I could find anyway that is! So…what do you do when you have a deadline approaching and you have to get something made…you improvise! I broke out my Photoshop program, searched for some free Halloween Brushes, and made a grim reaper SVG that I could cut on my eCraft. I did the same for the tombstone and then used the shapes already inside my SCAL software for the moon and cloud. I used K Andrew Designs Fall-O-Ween stamp set for the sentiment that says “You don’t Scare me'”
My card base is half a sheet of 6 by 12 paper for a 6 x 6 card. The RIP on the tombstone is the font Graveyard Shift, available as a free download from http://dafont.com. I used silver stickles on the blade and black diamond stickles on the handle/staff of the blade or whatever it is Grim Reaper is carrying. Except for the tombstone, everything was adhered using foam dots for dimension. I hope you enjoy and can’t wait to see what Halloween Projects YOU have up your sleeves!
Kristal has a special challenge, like always, going on at her blog. Be sure you visit her blog to see what everyone has created for you! I have the most talented DT Sisters in the world! Here are Kristal’s rules for the challenge:
- Post any “Halloween” project of your choice & link up by 9/24/2011
- Post as many projects as you want that fit the criteria
- Make sure Kristal’s blinkie is up on your sidebar, and your blog post entry is linked back to her blog Getting Cricky
- Leave a comment on Kristal’s blog
- HAVE FUN & spread the word!
- The winner will receive an exclusive 4 x 6 set of FALL-O-WEEN stamps! You can’t buy these! The Fall-o-Ween stamps for sale are the larger size!